Effective Dec 20, 2018
This policy covers Hackerss.com.
What information Hackerss.com collects and Why
In order to give you the best possible experience using Hackerss.com, we collect information from your interactions with our network. We use common internet technologies, such as cookies and web server logs. We collect this basic information from everybody, whether they have an account or not.
The information we collect about all visitors to our website includes:
- The visitor’s browser type
- Referring site
- The date and time of each visitor request
- We also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
We use this information to:
- Provide, test, improve, promote and personalize Hackerss.com Services
- Fight spam and other forms of abuse
- Generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use Hackerss.com Services
In order for you to create an account on Hackerss.com and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
- Information that you submit on or to Hackerss.com in the form of reactions, comments, or messages to other users;
- The email address associated with your Twitter account, if you choose to sign up using your Twitter credentials. Hackerss.com will also request permission to access additional information (these permissions are governed by Twitter’s privacy policies and can be managed through your Twitter privacy settings). We never post anything to your Twitter without your permission.
- The email address associated with your GitHub account, if you choose to sign up using your Github credentials. Hackerss.com will also request permission to access additional information (these permissions are governed by GitHub’s privacy policies and can be managed through your GitHub privacy settings). We never post anything to your GitHub without your permission.
- You also have the option to give us more information if you want to, and this may include “User Personal Information.”
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade User Personal Information with third parties for commercial purposes.
We do share certain aggregated, non-personally identifying information with others about how our users, collectively, use Hackerss.com. For example, we may share information pertaining to the popularity of different programming languages for advertising partners.
We do host first-party advertising on Hackerss.com. We do not run any code from advertisers and all ad images are hosted on managed Hackerss.com servers. For more details, see our section on Advertising Details.
We may use User Personal Information with your permission, so we can perform services you have authorized.
We may share User Personal Information with a limited number of third party vendors who process it on our behalf to provide or improve our service, and who have agreed to privacy restrictions similar to our own Privacy Statement. Our third party vendors are listed below.
We target advertisements based solely upon:
- Details of the page where the advertisement is shown, including:
- The name and keywords associated with the page or article being viewed
- We allow advertisers to target ads to a list of keywords advertising.
- The name and keywords associated with the page or article being viewed
We may place ads in:
- Below articles
- On search result pages
- On tag pages
All registered members have the ability to disable advertisements — where reasonable — through their Settings page. For instance, it’s not feasible to disable certain advertisements in the form of recognition posts, site-wide contests, dedicated sponsorship page, etc.
Third Party Vendors
We may share your account information with third parties in some circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; (2) to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards; (3) for survey or research purposes, after aggregation, anonymization, or pseudonymization; (4) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process; (5) when we have a good faith belief that doing so will help prevent imminent harm to someone.
Hackerss.com uses third-party vendors and hosting partners for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run Hackerss.com. By using Hackerss.com Services, you authorize Hackerss.com to transfer, store, and use your information in the United States and any other country where we operate. All service providers and third-party vendors are required to meet our data protection standards.
Hackerss.com uses a variety of third-party services to diagnose errors and improve the performance of our site. We aim to minimize the amount of personal information shared, but the information may include your IP address or other identifying information. All service providers and third-party vendors are required to meet our data protection standards.
Hackerss.com does not process payments directly — we rely on third-party services such as Stripe, Shopify, and Paypal to receive payments and store any payment information.
Tracking & Cookies
Hackerss.com uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users logged-in to the Applications or the Platforms (“Logged-In User). If you are a Logged-In User, Hackerss.com may use your Hackerss.com user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the Services you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Website and the other Services, with a view to offering improvements for all Hackerss.com users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide Hackerss.com with any Personal Information.You can prevent Google Analytics from recognizing you on return visits to this site by disabling cookies on your browser.
We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security. You use the Service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account.
Administrative Emails from Hackerss.com
Sometimes we’ll send you emails about your account, service changes or new policies. You can’t opt out of this type of “transactional” email (unless you delete your account).
When you interact with a transactional email sent from Hackerss.com (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction.
Non-administrative Emails from Hackerss.com
Upon creating a Hackerss.com account, you will be opted into the Hackerss.com Newsletter and other non-administrative email. Your email address and user profile information may be stored by a third-party email provider such as MailChimp or Sendgrid. You can opt out of non-administrative emails such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications through your account’s “Settings” page and at the link of the footer in any non-administrative email you receive from us.
When you interact with a non-administrative email sent from Hackerss.com (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction.
Deleting Your Personal Information
You may request deletion of your personal information and account by emailing [email protected].
To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may maintain residual copies for a brief time period. But, if you delete your account, your information and content will be unrecoverable after that time.
If you would like to request a copy of your user data, please email [email protected].
Changes to this Policy
We welcome feedback about this policy at [email protected].